A pinch of bicarbonate of soda
Powdered rice- 50gms
Water-1 and half cup
Oil for deep frying-1 and half cup
Sugar- 4 cups
Water- 4 cups for making syrup
1. In a pan heat together 4 cups of sugar and water.
2. Let it boil and simmer until the syrup is of medium consistency.
3. Remove from fire and allow it to cool.
4. Blend together besan and 1 and half cup of water.
5. Mix the powdered rice and bicarbonate of soda.
6. Heat oil in a deep pan and pour the besan mixture on the hot oil through
a slotted vessel.
7. Fry until crisp.
8. Remove from oil with a slotted spoon. Drain out the oil in a paper. 9.
While still hot pour in the prepared syrup. Continue this until the besan
mixture is over.
10. After the Bonde is soaked in the syrup remove with a slotted spoon and
spread out on a flat dish.